These juicy shrimps are straight magic after marinating in this delicious cilantro lime garlicky marinade. HUGE flavors that will be sure to heat up your next cookout. And did I mention they clock in at less than 200 calories a serving? #WINNING ???
JUICY SHRIMPYS + a garlicky cilantro lime marinade + bbq grill = ? ? ?
So many heart eyes.
Summer is coming & I can’t think of anything better to help prepare for that than a huge serving of these easy bbq cilantro lime shrimp kabobs.
Don’t like shrimp? Fine. I forgive you. May not trust you. But I forgive you. Follow the same steps and swap with your favorite protein instead. Beef. Chicken. Lamb. Scallops. Tofu? You name it. You got it. Except I’ve never BBQ’ed tofu so don’t exactly quote me on that one. Try it though and lemme know. Depending on what you choose you will just have to change the cook time below.
The real ?star? here is the marinade. It. Is. Magical. Straight magic. Like the kind that Melisandre uses. Chu know what I mean? If you don’t – turn HBO on… NOW. Hurry.
This is what dreams are made of.
Why do you need this in your life?
- It’s easy & who doesn’t like that?
- Ingredients list is 6 – Not counting salt / pep / oil bec well c’mon ?
- Perfect for a hot day where you don’t want to be standing over a stove or even worse baking yo house up with your oven
- Quick and you can prep ahead of time = food in your face so much faster. Gimme dat.
- BBQ = no dishes. Why hello there ?
- So many flavors
- Perfect with an ice cold beer
- Or lemonade if you’re underage (that wasn’t a Bey reference btw – well I guess it just became one) ??
- This garlic/cilantro/lime marinade will bring all the boys to the yard
- Because I said so ??
Last week, I found out that Tuesday was #NationalShrimpDay – I know I know… who comes up with these things. But anyways – I took it upon myself to scarf down so many fresh shrimp spring rolls at my fav restaurant in celebration and that’s when I remembered that I had these shrimps at the ready to be posted. Score. So happy belated national shrimp day to you! ?
You’re v welcome for that very useless piece of information. I suggest you now go and start the post shrimp day celebrations with these bad boys / bad girls? But seriously – Go do it. Because they are way too yummy for me to hog em all up.
Alright – this is a short one today – because I’m in the middle of binge watching season 5 of walking dead and I’m almost done and I can’t stop for long. Plus I need my MacBook to watch season 6 since Netflix ain’t playin’ nice and they don’t have it up. Obsession is way too real right now. Also, just realized all I do is talk about food and tv. I’m so cool, guys. So cool. Like wanna be my frieeeend?!?!? No? Boo. You’re prob the same person who don’t like shrimp anyways soooo ✌
Moral of the story is: Eat shrimps. Drink cilantro lime marinade. Bathe in it. Idk. Be happy.
- 1 lb Shrimp
- ⅓ bunch of chopped Cilantro
- Juice of 3 Limes
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl
- Peel and devein shrimp
- Place shrimp in bowl and mix well to cover them all in marinade mixture
- Marinate for 30 min to an hour
- Place shrimps on skewers and BBQ over medium heat until cooked (about 3 min per side)